Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Anti-bullying Week - Elmer

This year's theme is apparently 'being different' (or something like that!), so I thought I would start off with Elmer. I have found activities on here and through Google, such as making own Elmers using 'fill' tool of Paint, and obviously painting/collage Elmers.

I then wanted to link it back to the children, to get them to think about how they are different to each other (and that that is a good thing) - apart from circle time, I'm a bit stuck for ideas! Can anyone help?!

Thanks in advance,

purplemagic x

I love "Elmer" and often use to illustrate how we are different, why we need a name, how knowing our sounds can help us etc etc.

Once you get going I sure the ideas will follow. You could paint self portraits too and work from there?

Thanks Susan,

Will go with my original ideas and use the name idea - especially as I have a couple of children with the same name but they are obviously still individuals. Hopefully children's responses to what we do will provide the next steps after that ...!

x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)