Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Book About 'not Listening'

Does anyone know of a children's story that could illustrate 'not listening' so something goes wrong. I am trying to find something for SEAL. It is for a year one class.

i read one last week called baby elephant... the elephant never listened and things happened eg he nearly fell off cliff ended up in a lake with crocodiles etc then he ;earned from these that he needed to listen!

I KNOW that there is a really obvious one - just can't think what it is at the mo - really helpful aren't I!!

This is going to really annoy me now!

Guest mukerjee1

Have you tried 'Come on, Daisy!' by Jane Simmons? It's about a duckling who doesn't listen to mum and gets lost - don't worry its a happy ending. I found this was a good SEAL resource because its available in different formats, dual languages and ties in with other topics such as staying safe, being scared, and devising strategies if a child does find they have lost their 'grown up'.

Hope this helps,

Fiona

Have you thought about writing your own story? I often use a really cute monkey puppet who gets into all sorts of trouble - the children really enjoy helping him to find his way and it is good for getting them to think about things for themselves. At the end of our group time I go over with the children what the monkey has learnt to reinforce it.

Zan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)