Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Has Anyone Been For A Reception Interview Recently ?

Has anyone been for a reception class teacher interview recently ? Would you be willing to share any of the questions you were asked ?

Has anyone been for a reception class teacher interview recently ? Would you be willing to share any of the questions you were asked ?

What was your worst lesson?

What does the word 'inclusive' mean to you?

What makes you happy/ angry?

I will try and think of some more.

I was very surprised not to be asked much about the EYFS at any of the interviews I went to last summer. However if I were you I'd make sure that you are comfortable with it and enthusiastic about working with it. :o That way you will make a great reception teacher and this should be relayed in your enthusiasm.

Good Luck.

How do you work in a team?

Tell me about a lesson that went well for you?

How would you deal with a child who .... ( a behaviour- kicked, screams, says No, wont come in of morning, bites) etc. (Follow school policy)

Tell me about something which you felt particularly proud of?

Which of the six areas of learning do you think is the most important? (although all six equal PSED infringes on all areas of learning and is integral to all)

What do you consider your role to be in the corporate life of school?

If you were walking through school and you saw a child in another year.... fighting, dropping litter, sculking in the corridors, etc) what would you do? (deal with it in line with school policy)

What is your opinion on parent helpers (this might depend on school policy - but a good chance for you to mention EYFS- links with parents/ parental partnership) etc.

Look at the spec for the job and see, you will see from the spec what they place lots od emphasis on

ie. teamwork- working well in a team, planning with each other etc)

Good luck anyway

Just thought of another one - What would you do if you suspected a child in your class had special behavioural/ emotional / educational needs ?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)