Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning Formats For Yr1.

Ive just moved to year1 which I am really enjoying but I am struggling to fill in the more "formal" style planning sheets as my brain computes with FS still. Anyone got any formats which would help me please? My head is keen for planning to be uniform but recognises that planning needs to fit each individuals needs so might be persuaded but Im unsure what I need to show exactly to fulfil yr1 needs.

Hope that makes sense!

Have you had a peep at the Hamilton trust website lately www.hamilton-trust.org.uk? They've loads of renewed framework plans going up all the time which can be downloaded in word so you can merge cells together etc. really easily. Might be a place to start for literacy. Their mixed YR/1 plans have that FS feel about them, too - I add my CLLD focus sessions to them as appropriate.

For numeracy, we invested in abacus evolve - planning format comes with it - I'm uploading a copy for you to see how it looks. Where YR activities are included, they aren't necessarily being done at the same time as Y1/2 maths, but sometimes are due to support available.

As far as foundation subjects go, I just highlight, cut and paste into QCA documents if I'm on a unit of work from there, but as we move away from them we're starting to plan more like FS anyway, on topic wheels.

maths_autumn_two_week_one.doc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)