Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

80% Arrrrggggghhhhh!

The guidelines for profile evidence state 80% obs does this mean we should spend 80% of our time observing or 80% of our eveidence should be made up of observations?

Another way to look at it is only 20% can come from adult initiated!

So the other 80% comes from child initiated, parents, the child and any other person who may pass on information.

The way I work is ALL of my assessments are from observing the children (80% of those observations will be children working independently at chosen activities the remaining will be during adult initiated activities) That doesn't mean that I spend all my days with a clipboard and a pile of post it notes following children around waiting for them to do something I can mark off the profile.

The way I work is ALL of my assessments are from observing the children (80% of those observations will be children working independently at chosen activities the remaining will be during adult initiated activities) That doesn't mean that I spend all my days with a clipboard and a pile of post it notes following children around waiting for them to do something I can mark off the profile.

Isn't this called 'professional judgement', what we see and know. :o

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)