Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Please Help!

Hello everyone, I've been a member for a while reading all the great advice, but haven't been brave enough to ask a question yet. I teach reception (3 form entry) and have a TA in both morning and afternoon. Before EYFS became compulsory, our school taught rec more as a pre year 1 - with bums on seats and whole class lessons and by the end of last year the majority of my class were writing stories. I did my best to bring play based learning into my classroom and had a happy classroom with very happy, well rounded children (I think....). Here is my problem... we are expecting the dreaded ofsted in feb/mar and the head is convinced that the focus will be on early years... she now wants early years run as other early years settings but still wants our writing levels to be as high as previous years!!!! We now have to have keyworkers and do observations but only the year group leader has been on a course and doesn't really seem to know what we're supposed to do. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, how did you cope? We are trying to re-write our planning so that it's not Nat Curr based - but have seen that other settings don't necessarily plan long term. Any advice would be very gratefully received. :o

I'll leave the reply to your query to the more experienced on here.

Just wanted to say A WARM WELCOME to the forum, thanks for your first post, one of hopefully many more to come. :o

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)