Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Learning Stories

Hi new to all this not sure if im doing this right ,does anyone do learning stories? and what do they use? i use srcap books and they tear easily, thanks.

we use scrap books too and have had no problems at all,even though the children take them out regularly, and even share them with other children.We've been using them for over a year, so they seem pretty durable..................we buy them from the consortium.

We write or type onto loose paper (using PowerPoint is good for the photies). Send it home in a plastic wallet, and when it comes back (all crumpled) it goes into the childs Learning Journey book which is loose leaf with a binder. (phew).

I would be really interested to know what you put in your learning journeys/scapbooks and how they are structured - I assume observations, children's work and photos, and perhaps comments from parents? Do you relate everything to eyfs learning achivements in the books and if so how is it done? Do you include ideas for next steps? Do you divide it into developmental matter sections or just put things in chronologically?

Any info would be great - sorry for all the questions!

Starburst

We' do them in A4 size execise books and put in post-it note obs, bits of self initiated work and notes from parents about children's learning in chronological order. We've got a colour code at the front of the book eg CLL yellow, PSRN blue and we put a coloured spot by the observations so we can see at a glance which areas the obs relate to.

We' do them in A4 size execise books and put in post-it note obs, bits of self initiated work and notes from parents about children's learning in chronological order. We've got a colour code at the front of the book eg CLL yellow, PSRN blue and we put a coloured spot by the observations so we can see at a glance which areas the obs relate to.

Thanks Kaloufl that seems a really good workable system - I really like it - do you put any suggested next steps in or relate them to planning in some other way?

Starburst

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)