Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sharing Learning Journeys With Childminders

I have spoken to two of our childminders and have discussed the possibility of sharing the learning journeys for the children we have joint care of. Both childminders are very enthusiastic and are willing to come to a meeting to discuss what issues may need to be addressed. One of the childminders has brought in her learning journeys that she has done so far and we have had initial discussions how we can incorporate it a larger one. We have discussed getting consent from the parents and also how we can ensure that we all have access to the learning journeys.

It looks like once a month I will have a childminder group in a morning when they bring their other children in and we can use our daycare room. On this day we will share information, update the learning journeys and decide which practictioner will share the learning journey with the parents on this occasion. The childminders were happy because obviously the book presents a rounder picture of the child and they themselves will be more aware of what they are doing at nursery and vice versa. It also makes planning the next steps a lot easier which could also be part of the childminder group discussions.

It also gives us opportunities to discuss practical aspects of implementing the EYFS.

I have just got two more childminders to talk to but it looks good so far.

Sue

Sorry put this in the wrong place can somebody move it please?

Edited by Guest

Sue, that sounds absolutely fantastic, I bet you're dead chuffed with that - I would be! It's great when an idea comes to life and is well received isn't it? :o

I have spoken to two of our childminders and have discussed the possibility of sharing the learning journeys for the children we have joint care of. Both childminders are very enthusiastic and are willing to come to a meeting to discuss what issues may need to be addressed. One of the childminders has brought in her learning journeys that she has done so far and we have had initial discussions how we can incorporate it a larger one. We have discussed getting consent from the parents and also how we can ensure that we all have access to the learning journeys.

It looks like once a month I will have a childminder group in a morning when they bring their other children in and we can use our daycare room. On this day we will share information, update the learning journeys and decide which practictioner will share the learning journey with the parents on this occasion. The childminders were happy because obviously the book presents a rounder picture of the child and they themselves will be more aware of what they are doing at nursery and vice versa. It also makes planning the next steps a lot easier which could also be part of the childminder group discussions.

It also gives us opportunities to discuss practical aspects of implementing the EYFS.

I have just got two more childminders to talk to but it looks good so far.

Sue

Sorry put this in the wrong place can somebody move it please? Hi Sue I am new to the forum also and I run a childminder drop-in once a week. We too are trying to share our plannint and learning journal with other settings that the children go to i. .e nursery five afternoons a week. I run our childminder drop-in once a week for two hours. We have just sorted out our planing for the next 6 weeks based on children`s interests may be we could swop ideas. Kiverpool 18

Guest jane707

As a childminder I was very chuffed to be given the opportunity to add some bits to a child's playgroup learning journey last week.

I have to be honest though, it won't stop me doing my own... I need the evidence here for if Ofsted come calling.

I think the more settings that involve childminders the better - most of us have lots to give. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)