Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Boys Writing/mark Making

Hiya all im not sure if im doing this right as im new to this site but ill give it go anyway!!!!!

I have finally come up with my research question!!!!!

How can we develop the outdoor learning area to improve boys writing?

Now i know what we need to do ( at least i think i do ) :o im just struggling with my literature theorists etc any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Sal

Hiya all im not sure if im doing this right as im new to this site but ill give it go anyway!!!!!

I have finally come up with my research question!!!!!

Now i know what we need to do ( at least i think i do ) :o im just struggling with my literature theorists etc any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Saho

Hi ya

the boys on my class amde a lifr size dinosaur- he has a hole in his mouth which they post their letters in- that made them want to write! x

Number plates for the cars worked for us, graph paper and design sheets on clipboards when we had a builders yard, treasure maps and pirates, pizza order forms when doing a takeaway service, sticks and wet sand, paint brushes and water. . . .

now brain dead.

Denisse

we were part of a LA initative to improve boys writing last acedemic year and the focus for us in nursery was outdoor.We were given some selected (expensive) resources the the person on secondment to deliver the intiative choose and bought :o We were asked to photograph the children using them for her evidence.I'll look through my files xD

When we have the police hats out the boys want to write on a note pad!!!!!!!!!

We have a dino topic going on at present and Terry (Terry Rex) the inflatable dino likes letters and he has a line there by him for you to peg a letter to!!!!

Very popular.

In Dora's Den there are letters too for Dora and Diego!

I did a google search: "boys writing outdoors" quite a list of links here's some of them;

BGFL

FOREST SCHOOL PROJECT on BOYS WRITING

Raising Boys achievements

Pocket Pal Boys & writing Teachers Guide from Amazon

outdoor education research A-Z

Looks like there is a lot to read up on this subject, from my quick scan reading it also appears that outdoor provision seems to be very positive for improving boys outcomes in wriing. :o

Peggy

we were part of a LA initative to improve boys writing last acedemic year and the focus for us in nursery was outdoor.We were given some selected (expensive) resources the the person on secondment to deliver the intiative choose and bought :o We were asked to photograph the children using them for her evidence.I'll look through my files xD

That would be fantastic thanks im starting to feel little more relaxed about doing it now

Sal

I did a google search: "boys writing outdoors" quite a list of links here's some of them;

BGFL

FOREST SCHOOL PROJECT on BOYS WRITING

Raising Boys achievements

Pocket Pal Boys & writing Teachers Guide from Amazon

outdoor education research A-Z

Looks like there is a lot to read up on this subject, from my quick scan reading it also appears that outdoor provision seems to be very positive for improving boys outcomes in wriing. :o

Thats great thankyou, can you belive I had done several searches on the net and never came up with any of these!!!!!

Im looking forward to getting started now I think I have just been panicking as its my first research project.

Thanks again Sal

Peggy

Number plates for the cars worked for us, graph paper and design sheets on clipboards when we had a builders yard, treasure maps and pirates, pizza order forms when doing a takeaway service, sticks and wet sand, paint brushes and water. . . .

now brain dead.

Denisse

Thanks these ideas are great its so nice to have others insperation and tips. :o

Im gathering lots of ideas now in ways in which I encourage the boys to mark make.

I think I need to start doing my literature review now !!!!!

Cheers Sal