Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

The Extra Hour!

Scarlettangel

Is it just me, or does anyone else out there find themselves awake at stupid hours for a little while after the clocks have changed?

Every year is the same, and this year turns out to be no different!!

On a usual Monday my alarm would go off at 6.30am.

Usually but not always I wake a little before this.

Today, body wide awake at 4.57. :o

Finally at 5.26 I get up and head to this machine...........

My 3 girls (furry ones: cats!) wait patiently on the modem, under my chair and next to the huge pile of books on the floor because they want to be fed.

I can't do that now as husband and son are still snoozing and starting to feed cats will lead to having to feed guinea pig (in conservatory) and our stray who only has to see a light on in the house and he will meow very loudly at the backdoor.

Can't even make tea as kitchen light also alerts him to the fact that someone is up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, trying to be quiet so rest of household can sleep on for a while longer.

It is half term after all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good morning Scarlettangel, you are not alone. I know exactly how you feel, but, I have just enjoyed my second cup of tea, sorry. Hubby and rest of house sleep through anything. Dishwasher, washing machine is on and I move around as normal. They are used to me up and about most of the night.

My son had me awake at 5:30 asking what are we doing today mum. They are now getting dressed ready to go, so it will be nice to switch of from work mode for a couple of hours. It's half term :o but there is so much to do.........help..........one day at a time............

but isnt it nice to get up to the quiet, no chaos of the kids running around getting ready for school and stuff, I got up early only to find my eldest daughter had beat me to it and was sat at the computor, guess she thinks its later than it is as well

The older I get the earlier I seem to wake! I try and go back to sleep but it just does not work. The only problem is I fall asleep at about 9.30 pm in the evening....... When the clocks go back, its even worse! mrsW

The older I get the earlier I seem to wake! I try and go back to sleep but it just does not work. The only problem is I fall asleep at about 9.30 pm in the evening....... When the clocks go back, its even worse! mrsW

I'm exactly the same as you Mrs W. The number of films I start watching only to fall asleep within the first 5 minutes or at the first commercial break. IT IS SO ANNOYING. (thank goodness for anytime TV and sky+ recording).

I wake every hour from 4am too.

Still a beautiful sunny day today so off out to the shops.

Peggy

I'm exactly the same as you Mrs W. The number of films I start watching only to fall asleep within the first 5 minutes or at the first commercial break. IT IS SO ANNOYING. (thank goodness for anytime TV and sky+ recording).

I wake every hour from 4am too.

Still a beautiful sunny day today so off out to the shops.

Peggy

Peggy, I'm glad its not just me! Shopping, that sounds a lot more fun than cleaning all day (which is what I have just finished doing) and now I'm having a hot flush! mrsW

We just started back today and I am so tired because of the time change. My little girl has been up since 5.30am. She was wide awake and proceeded to get everyone up. I think she reacted to the spring one too!!!

Why do we need them again?

From a tired and grumpy nursery teacher

Peggy, I'm glad its not just me! Shopping, that sounds a lot more fun than cleaning all day (which is what I have just finished doing) and now I'm having a hot flush! mrsW

Hot flushes, same as me too, your not a long lost twin are you? xD

Nearly bought hubby a full size drum kit found in a charity shop today, but I resisted, saved myself £100. :o

Maybe it's safer for me to stay at hom and do some cleaning, now where do I find the vacuum cleaner?

Peggy

We've just treated the children by taking them out to dinner (or given hubby a treat as he doesn't have to cook or wash up, whichever way we look at it, still a treat :o.

On the drive home one of the elder boys said is it 7:30 already? (looking at the digital clock in the car). I replied, no it's only 6:30, to which hubby replied, shush, we could have got away with sending the littlies (the youngest two children) to bed early.

Me and my big mouth eh. xD Mind you they'd only be up at dark o clock in the morning if they go to bed too early. :(

Peggy