Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outdoor Environment

Hi all i hope you have enjoyed your weekends!

After half term our topic will be the outdoor environment. We have planned a visit to our local woods which we plan to tie in with going on a bear hunt. However this is the only idea i have so far. I have never done this topic beofre so any activity ideas would be very gratefully received

Many thanks

Lola

There is another lovely story like the bear hunt called going on a lion hunt. If you get a chance have a look at Forest schools and woodland trust -www.forestschools.com. I want to do Wellie Wednesdays or Woodland Wednesdays. I think when you go on the trip to the woods be open and be prepared to be led by the children. Stories linked to the environment - the one where the grandfather talks about recyling and where everything comes from.

Hi, have you looked at nature detectives web page. There are some fabulous sheets which can be downloaded. The website belongs to the Woodland Trust. I am sure that I got this information from this site originally but I can't remember where. mrsW

Hi all i hope you have enjoyed your weekends!

After half term our topic will be the outdoor environment. We have planned a visit to our local woods which we plan to tie in with going on a bear hunt. However this is the only idea i have so far. I have never done this topic beofre so any activity ideas would be very gratefully received

Many thanks

Lola

hi ya.

could you make a collage based on different things that you might find outdoors? leaves/ pine cones/ wigs etc?

what about sorting different objects found outside in to sorting hoops.

you could do some bear drama- children dress up like the bears in we're going on a bear hunt and then act out different parts of it.

you could do a sound walk- children play different instruments to make different sounds on their bear hunt- rain maker= rain etc

make a bear cave inside or outside- children to explore- discussion of hybernation?

bark rubbings in the wood

different clues- pictures= lead children to the bear

problem solve- making a cave for the bear- how will we make it big enough? what materials should it be made of and why? mathematical vocabulary?

i will think some more and get back to you- hope this helps to start! x x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)