Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Whole School Eyfs Inset

Hi all I was just wondering if any of you had an ideas about what information i sghould put in the isnet i have to plan for the wek afdter half term. There is so muuch to do with the EYFS that i dont want upper key stage 2 staff to be bored and think its irrelevant to their situation. But i dont want it just to be loads olf deatil about the principles and commitiments. I want them to have an understanding as to how the youngest children in school start their learning .Any ideas would be gratefully receved.

thanks in anticipation

jo

Hi all I was just wondering if any of you had an ideas about what information i sghould put in the isnet i have to plan for the wek afdter half term. There is so muuch to do with the EYFS that i dont want upper key stage 2 staff to be bored and think its irrelevant to their situation. But i dont want it just to be loads olf deatil about the principles and commitiments. I want them to have an understanding as to how the youngest children in school start their learning .Any ideas would be gratefully receved.

thanks in anticipation

jo

You could also make it interactive so that they wont get bored (god and we know how that feels sitting through all those staff meetings tht are more like KS2 meetings where they plan and discuss there issues, tht the rest of us do in kstage meetings)

Anyway to get them familiar with the EYFS why not get them to plan activities get them to work in groups of 2 and each group plan for an area of learning, or do mini topic web with cll objectives etc... they have to find the objectives for different age ranges, they can use the document to give themselves ideas.

Give them questions such as can they find what the ratio is etc... using the other document and other questions for them to use the document to find the answers too, I always find you learn far more doing this then listening.

You could also make it interactive so that they wont get bored (god and we know how that feels sitting through all those staff meetings tht are more like KS2 meetings where they plan and discuss there issues, tht the rest of us do in kstage meetings)

Anyway to get them familiar with the EYFS why not get them to plan activities get them to work in groups of 2 and each group plan for an area of learning, or do mini topic web with cll objectives etc... they have to find the objectives for different age ranges, they can use the document to give themselves ideas.

Give them questions such as can they find what the ratio is etc... using the other document and other questions for them to use the document to find the answers too, I always find you learn far more doing this then listening.

Thats a really good idea i hadnt thought of getting them to actually do soemthing i agree with you about sitting there listening. Thank you

Following a bit of input, how about getting them to choose a toy eg. small world scene and explore the learning that could then happen with it, and how an adult could then extend that. Might help them to understand the learning that takes place through the play? We did a similar staff meeting at sch and also used some clips from teachers TV. Good luck!

If you google you can access the powerpoint used by the LEA as the initial training. You can then use that as astarting point adapting it for your audience?

I think this is it here

Thanks for this link it is just what I ned for next week's staff meeting! It's great on this site - everyone is so helpful and supportive. xD

Thanks to everyone, I started this term feeling very despondent but don't feel so alone now.

Can anyone tell me how to change my username please? :o

Also, you could get them to try to think up role play areas or create small worlds that they could use in KS2 - there's a big push on this at the moment -

eg.

Travel agents to support writing letters of complaint/persuasive writing (my Y6s had a ball creating a playing with this last year. They were really disappointed when it was time to take it down - and I thought they'd think they were too grown up for role play)

Police station for writing police reports, witness statements etc.

Creating small world boxes where space it at a premium to encourage children to act out stories with figures before they write them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)