Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning And Childminders

Can I ask for ideas and suggestions please.

Under EYFS I know all providers need to be working together and just wondered if anyone yet had looked at the following issue

If you are a setting and have childminders picking up children how do you liaise with them about your observations of the children what they have been doing in your setting so they can build on this learning when the child is with them. And also the other way round - is there a system that you use so you can build on learning/activities the child has done with the chidminder.

Hope you understand what I mean. Thanks

:o This has recently come up at my setting.

We have a childminder who drops a chold off with us for three sessions per week.

I got in touch with ofsted who advised the following: Whoever is the main childcare provider should supply the other with a copy of the weekly plan each week and and also it it acceptable to use one child profile (in our case our one) and the childminder can use a differnet coloured hi-lighter to highlight development matters achieved at her home and attach her obs.

They said this showed good communication between the two of us.

We are trying this at at present seems to be working really well.

She takes folder home with her at the end of each of our sessions and brings it back when the child is with us.

:o This has recently come up at my setting.

We have a childminder who drops a chold off with us for three sessions per week.

I got in touch with ofsted who advised the following: Whoever is the main childcare provider should supply the other with a copy of the weekly plan each week and and also it it acceptable to use one child profile (in our case our one) and the childminder can use a differnet coloured hi-lighter to highlight development matters achieved at her home and attach her obs.

They said this showed good communication between the two of us.

We are trying this at at present seems to be working really well.

She takes folder home with her at the end of each of our sessions and brings it back when the child is with us.

I forgot to say that we set each child targets under each heading and the childminder also works towards these with the child.

We have 7 different minded children with 6 different minders!! We put a copy of our planning on the wall and will give copies to anyone who asks.

We have one girl who is minded 1 morning 3 afternoons, with us 2 mornings and at nursery 2 full days!! That would be almost impossible!!

Gulp! :o

As a childminder last year I took 2 4 year olds to different preschools each day, a 2 year old to playgroup 3 mornings a week and a reception child to school 5 days.

Each setting had their own planning/topics running. Some shared & some didn't!

I couldn't include everything into my planning and was hugely relieved when 1 family moved out of the area and another changed school so that (at present!) all school age children attend the same primary school and the others are under 2 and only attend my setting!

I honestly think the only way I can liase with other settings is by only caring for children who fit into this routine - not much of a choice for parents, is it?

Nona

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)