Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

How Long Between Visits?

Hi, been at my pre school for 6 months now and wondered if Ofsted are likely to turn up soon. The setting was last inspected in February last year and received Satisfactory. How long do Ofsted leave between visits? Does it make a difference if the leader changes? Hopefully not! mrsW

in general anything between 2 and 4 years it depends partly on the last inspection and the work load of the inspector

we had a satisfactory and it took them 4 1/2 years to come back and check on us again so dont think there is a hard and fast rule they gave us a good and when I asked "how long till the next inspection they said "between 2 and 4 years"

er on the side of caution, assume they could turn up, as long as you keep paper work up to date at all times, especially the SEF (self evaluation form) and keep a photo album to show off your setting, (all the good things you might forget to tell ofsted) anything you know that needs changing but cannt do straight away, write an action plan so that if ofsted turn up next week and spot something you can show that your aware and you doing something about it keep old action plans to demonstrate that things change and are regularly reviewed

dont panic, I worried and worried about it (I think I turned grey waiting for them to come) and when they came they where very understanding and approachable

in general anything between 2 and 4 years it depends partly on the last inspection and the work load of the inspector

we had a satisfactory and it took them 4 1/2 years to come back and check on us again so dont think there is a hard and fast rule they gave us a good and when I asked "how long till the next inspection they said "between 2 and 4 years"

er on the side of caution, assume they could turn up, as long as you keep paper work up to date at all times, especially the SEF (self evaluation form) and keep a photo album to show off your setting, (all the good things you might forget to tell ofsted) anything you know that needs changing but cannt do straight away, write an action plan so that if ofsted turn up next week and spot something you can show that your aware and you doing something about it keep old action plans to demonstrate that things change and are regularly reviewed

dont panic, I worried and worried about it (I think I turned grey waiting for them to come) and when they came they where very understanding and approachable

Thanks Alison for the information and well done on getting a good inspection. I do try not to panic although when the bell rings at work my heart does start to beat twice as quickly as normal!!! (and its usually only the milk man) mrsW