Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ideas For Celebrations Please!

Hiya!

Anyone got any good ideas fro role play to fit in with a Celebrations topic please? 2nd half of the term we will probably change it to a stable or a grotto... but need something for the beginning half of term...

Ideas would be welcomed!

Thank you!!

Tink! :o x

Try asking your children for ideas (how old are they)?

What about enhancing your role play home corner with birthday celebrations - party invites, party hats, examples of birthday cake, sing or say happy birthday in different languages, pretend cake, playdough cakes, count number of bowls, cups for birthday party - have a birthday party for a class teddy or persona doll, match number of candles on cake to numeral.

Divali is this week - decorate the home corner for Divali celebrations. Clean the home corner then get ready for Divali with rangoli patterns, divali cards, streamers. Eat food, make barfi, make vegetable curry. I am sure that there are more ideas on this forum if you do a search.

Enjoy!

meant to write examples of birthday cards (recognise numerals, read greetings/messages) not examples of birthday cake (that sounds fun)!!

I am in bed with a cold during half term but checking emails etc through wireless.

What about enhancing your role play home corner with birthday celebrations - party invites, party hats, examples of birthday cake, sing or say happy birthday in different languages, pretend cake, playdough cakes, count number of bowls, cups for birthday party - have a birthday party for a class teddy or persona doll, match number of candles on cake to numera

We currently have a celebration house which started for divali and now for Teddy's bears birthday .He's having a party Thursday afternoon but ssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh.....don't tell him its a suprise!!! Make your card for him quietly in the workshop :o

meant to write examples of birthday cards (recognise numerals, read greetings/messages) not examples of birthday cake (that sounds fun)!!

I am in bed with a cold during half term but checking emails etc through wireless.

Hope your cold gets better! Thanks for your input.

Half term is next week for us so this is all stuff for after the holidays. It is a baby clinic at the moment for 'ourselves' topic

Diwali is on our MTP for in about 4 weeks time. I just want to set up a role play area that i can keep for 4 weeks and then change it for the last half of the term to a nativity scene. The MTP is split into mini topics each week and we are covering halloween, fireworks, birthdays, baptismdiwali and eid (far too much for nursery in my opinion... ) so want a birght idea for the role play area! reception are setting up a Card Shop so i wanted something different cos we share thier area.

Our home corner is separate from the role play area.

Thanks!

Tink! :o x

Hi,

We have just added a new 'Celebrations' section to the forum, in topics and activities. Perhaps you could have a browse through some of the previous threads there for inspiration. :o I'll move this thread there too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)