Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fairytales Topic - Reception

Hi there,

Anyone done this topic before? I'm going to spend 4 /5 weeks on it after half term before moving onto christmassy things. I wanted to do a book a week: 3 BIlly Goats Gruff, Cinderalla, Goldilocks and perhaps 3 little pigs. Any ideas/plans from anyone please??

how about turning your role play area into a fairy castle,

We did this and made turrets. got the kids to paint bricks on grey sugar paper . Made a fire out of red & orange tissue paper and logs to cook on and covered the plates and cups in foil (to look like Metal).

You could get the kids to plait yellow wool to make Rapunzal hair out of a window.

We did a big beanstalk for Jack & the beanstALK AND PUT GIANT STUFF IN FOR THE GIANTS CASTLE IE. LARGE PLATES,CUPS,SALAD SERVERS FOR CUTLERY ETC.

Hi

I expect you have already looked but sparklebox have some good resources - they have the three little pigs building site and a fairy tale castle role play as well as resources linked to the stories.

Hi

I expect you have already looked but sparklebox have some good resources - they have the three little pigs building site and a fairy tale castle role play as well as resources linked to the stories.

i do fairy tales every year and we concntrated on a book a week-hotseating is a really good one we had a day where the troll came in grumpy and the children had to decide what was wrong it was because he had a headache from the banging hooves the children then devised activities to make the troll -the children made sorry cards party invitations ear muffs quite brigdes it took a week-we even had a party at the end. We also made a edible story map-grape for troll marshmellows for the goats, shredding wheat nasty grass and coconut coloured in green for good grass the kids loved this. A really good webiste was www.tooter4kids.com/classroom/FairyTaleUnit/htm

hope this helps

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)