Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Art Area

feel the need to give my art area a bit of a spruce up - thinking about the reggio type approach to making this area aesthetically beautiful and inspiring - but feeling uninspired myself!

ours is quite a large area with two tables and two easels. art resources are freely available in labelled containers on open shelves. the display boards are quite high up and there is virtually no wall space surrouning the area so am struggling to find ways to display works of art, mirrors etc for children to look at.

does anyone have photos of art areas they are particularly proud of or maybe ideas to enhance this area?

hi nsunshine,

could you upload a pic of the area so we can see what your working with already.

Could you attach large plain white sheets to the walls, to display art work. My other thought was is there enough floor space for the children to 'get off' the tables and easels, and get down to floor level for large scale design and creativity?

I used to have a very large whiteboard which leant against the wall for children to paint on, stick materials/paper on or for display. Any large piece of hardboard would work just as well.

attached pics of whiteboard, plus some Kandoo pots, (children loved to play with the lids as much as seeing what was inside). :o plus art area. I used divider boards for displays as well.

One pic shows where the children pasted wallpaper up on the board, then enjoyed 'stripping' it all off again once dried.

Peggy

post-3604-1224409556_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1224409629_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1224409653_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1224409699_thumb.jpg

hi nsunshine,

could you upload a pic of the area so we can see what your working with already.

Could you attach large plain white sheets to the walls, to display art work. My other thought was is there enough floor space for the children to 'get off' the tables and easels, and get down to floor level for large scale design and creativity?

I used to have a very large whiteboard which leant against the wall for children to paint on, stick materials/paper on or for display. Any large piece of hardboard would work just as well.

attached pics of whiteboard, plus some Kandoo pots, (children loved to play with the lids as much as seeing what was inside). :o plus art area. I used divider boards for displays as well.

One pic shows where the children pasted wallpaper up on the board, then enjoyed 'stripping' it all off again once dried.

Peggy

feel the need to give my art area a bit of a spruce up - thinking about the reggio type approach to making this area aesthetically beautiful and inspiring - but feeling uninspired myself!

ours is quite a large area with two tables and two easels. art resources are freely available in labelled containers on open shelves. the display boards are quite high up and there is virtually no wall space surrouning the area so am struggling to find ways to display works of art, mirrors etc for children to look at.

does anyone have photos of art areas they are particularly proud of or maybe ideas to enhance this area?

Peggy, loved the idea of the Kandoo pots , but did you buy them or is there some way of getting them without spending lots of money. Most of my parents are eco friendly and wouldn't buy them, is there a mountain of these things somewhere near Bristol.

Hiya

How about hanging things from the ceiling and putting displays on the window, I have seen this work quite well before and add colour and fun to the area.

Rainbow :o

there are some reali cool resources on sparklebox that you could download and print off to hang up and have on display in ur art area.

the coloured name splats are quite cool - they would definately brighten it up

• 2 weeks later...

I've been struggling with this too, my Art area is a lot smaller than I'd like it to be, and There isn't any wall space to hang anything! We also have a problem with the fact our painting easels are actually technically inside our toilet area. (but shhh... don't tell the EYFS!)

Ive tried to make up for it by hanging lots of things from the ceiling, and putting up a washing line for children to display their work.

Hope you get it sorted!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)