Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Childrens Centre Teachers- Opinions Please!

Hi

Sorry for the delayed response but I wasn't here yesterday.

I am probably being really dim here as I have never worked in a CC and so things maybe different but;

• If you plan as a team and she has specific things she needs planned for these 2 children so she can make an assessment why does she not just discuss this with you and ask you to incorporate into your plans
  • If things crop up that she needs observed then again why can she not ask you to tweak things so that you could plan to cater for her / the children's needs
  • If she is the expert in the field why can she not just come into your room and ask if she can organise her own activity to accommodate an observation
  • If the room needs to be set up in a specific way to accommodate the 2 children in question have you been give any guidance by her or the setting manager so that the room is set up properly
  • Do you set your room up vastly differently form how the other practitioners set up their rooms
  • How did the senior management approach you regarding this issue, was just mentioned to you in passing or done in a more formal way

I think it sounds as if you need to first talk to your line manager and ask what she/he thinks you should do to try and prevent this happening again. It sounds like a bit of a break down in communications along the way and may be no more than a misunderstanding although when we feel we are criticised it is easy to read much deeper into events :(

Let me know how things are going and try not to let it worry you too much :1b

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)