Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Numbers For The Garden

I want some numbers for the garden.

I'm thinking perhaps large wooden ones which could be hooked around the garden and then could be regularly moved so the children have to keep looking for them and then along one fence there could be lots of hooks so the children can find them, collect them in and order them.

Has anybody seen any numbers that I could use for this purpose? I've found loads of different ones for inside but not sturdy ones for outside.

Could a very cleaver parent make some out of marine ply and get them varnished. You could make the templates out of old vinyl. maybe??

Sunshine :o

Have a look at sweetcounters.co.uk

They have some nice ideas and some of it is suitable for outside use.

Hi,

Have just looked at their website and it looks really practical, colourful and child friendly. Does anyone have any of their products in use in their setting and how well do they last if outside?

Have been told that we need to look closely at what we have in our outdoor area but as a small school we have very little money and so would be good to know if others have used these products before talking to my Head teacher.

Thanks

Nicky Sussex :o

We have laminated some frog numbers and hang on a line outside. We have left them out some nights and they are OK. If you bring laminated ones in at night they would last for a while - and are cheap!

I downloaded numbers from Sparklebox and double laminated them onto beautiful red leaves from the Russian Vine growing in a parent's garden - they look fab hung from the tree in the garden.

I'm now collecting yellow leaves for a second set to decorate the sides of the raised vegetable beds!

Cheap, cheerful and easily replaced. It's been copied by an NNEB friend for the outside area at school, too.

Nona

The tts catalogue has some wonderful squidgy ones full of coloured liquid, glitter and stuff. Also they have some ones which you can hang up around the place and then get the children to go hunt for them. HTH Zoe

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)