Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Shiny Heuristic Play

I am going to ask staff to create a shiny heuristic play basket for our 3 and 4 year olds to explore. Does anyone have suggestions of what to put in it? :oxD:(

In ours

We have small glass lided shiney canistors .One with rice in. One with pasta, the tops firmly glued on . We have a whisk ,spoons,bunch keys,small box wrapped in foil.

I've seen people use those shiny tin foil things that they wrap round people when they've run the Marathon, to stop hypothermia - you can buy them really cheaply in camping shops or on eBay.

I've just found this website which might be useful too...

http://www.happysenses.com/

I've got those plus

a short length of chunky chain (sold by length in Wilkinsons)

a set of small sieves

a shiny pan scourer

a safety mirror

a small handbell

a set of wristbells

a small mirror-ball Xmas decoration

a sealed pot of large shiny sequins

a piece of sequin fabric

a piece of shiny silver satin

a gold star from the top of the Xmas tree

a ball made from scrunched tin foil

a silver parcel ribbon and bow

and a piece of foil wrapping paper

Nona

Hi, do children have access to the play baskets throughout the session, or do you have a specific time for the children to explore the objects? mrsW

We have a shiny basket, a natural basket ( fir cone,wooden spoon,coconut,ball of wisby string,conkers,wooden egg cups,a long tube container made of rope with a bell in it from a pet shop ,cant think what esle, I am at home! )

A colurful basket (squeeze balls,ribbons,chiffon scarves, coloured pet play things ect)

They are well used by the children, on a shelf ,they can get them down when the children want them

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)