Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Rumble In The Jungle

Hi there,

Has anyone got any CLL / PSRN activities to do using this book alongside my Jungle's topic?? My mind has gone cpletely blank! :o

At the recent Nursery show I went to there was a large set up on the jungle it was fantastic! I understand that they have it filmed and posted onto you tube.

They had

tub of jelly covered over and hid things in it, children had to guess what it was, lots of signs with descriptive words such as slimy, soft, wet etc

Junk modelling Elephants out of the tops of 4 pint milk cartons, yes turn it upside down and you will see the elephant shape and trunk!

A big net with pictures of monkeys and animals on it speech bubbles with what animal can you see in the jungle and so on, loads I will try and find the link

5 little monkeys poems

Animal masks with songs

dont know if this has helped x

Hi

I recently did a "safari" week with my children and I did a search of forum posts by typing in jungle and safari and found lots of inspiration - you could try that? xx

I did lots of pattern work for PRSN and after someone (think it was Beau) suggested it on here we did a safari bus and went spotting lots of animals and counting and recording them. We hid lots of pictures of animals in the garden (found on sparklebox) and the children recorded and counted how many they could find. Hope this helps Emsx

Hey, that's brill, thank you for your input! Can I ask for more details about the jelly? Sounds really interesting. Couldn't find the Youtube link.

Thanks

Hi

we made the safari bus from chairs in the classroom and large construction - we have big waffle blocks which they stuck together to make the sides of the bus and they can swing open so they had a door! You could also use big cardboard boxes, and if all else fails I have just used chairs lined up like a bus before! We put the bus in the middle of the play ground and the pictures around in view of the bus - we couldn't think of a way to actually make it move!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)