Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Teaching Assistant Hours And Pay

As some of you may know, I'm not at work at the moment, however I am still in close contact with quite a few people. Apparently I'm better off at home at the moment due to the mood of everyone.

Partly this is due to in school stuff but mostly because of the recent pay review for council workers. This week the TAs have found out that in order to keep their school holidays they are going to have to work for 36.5 hours a week plus an extra 203 hours over the year (236 if they've been there less than 5 years) and they've taken a pay cut, around 1k a year. (a couple of staff have had a 20 quid rise)

It's terrible news for them and I just wondered if this was happening to anyone else on here.

if it is the same as my LA it is to do with single status - harmonising of pay and conditions across those who were payed weekly and those payed on annual pay terms and conditions. It's aligned all the terms and conditions of employment across the piece with some losing and others gaining.

Cx

Thankfully this isn't something I have come accross in Worcestershire but I always thought I got paid an annual amount that was then divided over 12 months so that I was still paid whether on holiday or not........

Apparently staff were only paid at one time dwhen school was open.

I am paid for 32.5 hours a week.

I would be horrified if this hits us, but have heard of it happening in mnay other places!

What a nightmare.