Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reception, Year One Unit

Hi

I am in a recpeiton class in a primary school and am interested in creating a Recpetion, Year One unit so that Year one children can still access the EYFS. Any one have any ideas or have seen this done anywhere?

Thanks

I will be watching this post develop with intereset due to being haunted by those little eyes that have lost their sparkle that used to be in my class last year!

Sharon

i know what u mean i teach a mixed year 1/reception class so my little year 1's still experience the eyfs unlike those thatb have had 2 move to the mixed y1/2 class where she is obsessed with children recording and those dreaded SATS. in my setting we do plan do and review every morning this allows the y1 the play and exploring and for work time i use both eyfs and y1 objectives seeing which linkand then plan topic based and plan lots of multi sensory activitie. dont know whether this helps

Me too, I hate seeing my old class their teacher just does not understand foundation stage and expects them to be writing stories. On their first day by 9 o'clock they were doing a geography lesson so she has spent no time getting to know them, it's so upsetting to see them as they were my first ever class as well!

She has so many tears on a morning I don't understand why she doesn't realise! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)