Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Display Ideas!

Hi everyone!!

I have two empty boards needing to be filled!!! & a lack of imagination at present as brain is overflowing with special needs provisions and half way through putting up a celebration tree!

One board is in the KUW area and the other was used as a staff board for weekly plans etc but i think it was a wasted display and did not benefit the chidren..........

Anyone got any fab display ideas, relatively easy and quick to put up>>>?? Our topic at present is Ourselves, was thinking of having a board of 'Where we live.....' Just not sure......

Would be very interested to hear any ideas!

Jellytots :o

Where we live would be a nice one jellytots. You could take them out and take photos of the local area and then scribe what the children know about it. We took ours to the post office yesterday and they told us about how they walked past the shops to get to pre-school and daddy gets his hair cut at the barbers.

Linda

Hi everyone!!

I have two empty boards needing to be filled!!! & a lack of imagination at present as brain is overflowing with special needs provisions and half way through putting up a celebration tree!

One board is in the KUW area and the other was used as a staff board for weekly plans etc but i think it was a wasted display and did not benefit the chidren..........

Anyone got any fab display ideas, relatively easy and quick to put up>>>?? Our topic at present is Ourselves, was thinking of having a board of 'Where we live.....' Just not sure......

Would be very interested to hear any ideas!

Jellytots :o

Hi Jellytots, we made a fantastic display for ourselves by painting self portraits using a photo for a visual clue and some mirrors. Each portrait was mounted with the photo next to it and the children wrote their name on a label which was displayed next to their own painting. I did get parental permission for each photo as we are in a village hall used by others,

The idea was to keep the painting in their special books and ask them to do the same thing in 6 months to see the progress. It was quite funny seeing all the strange and wonderful faces we have at Pre-school xD

not sure if it is any good but it looked effective in the classroom. our rec/yr1 class gave children a camera and a puppet they went around school taking photos of them in different places . then went back and had a class guess at where they were then put them up as a display with relevent wording . their topic is the school community. the plan is to take photos further afield for the children to guess they will eventually take pics around the town when the topic moves to the local community. I have also seen this done with the class bear. we have invited them to take pics in playgroup as a lot of the children came here. its sort of interactive and has a bit of lively debate among children and adults alike.

sue

Hi, our topic is ourselves too at the moment. Do printing using different shapes of houses or you could do collages. Then when they have dried ask the children who lives in there house and let them overwrite what they say. Then display the childrens work 2 displays in one, i did this and the chlildren loved it . I work in nursery i did this as a focused activity and got lots of language observations too when doing the writing. Its quick and easy to display add a few book on homes. Good luck. 0258 x x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)