Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Use Of Adults - How Do You Use Yours?

Just was wondering how everyone uses their adults in their Reception classes. We have 2 classes and constant access to an outdoor area - :o in each class there is the CT and 1 TA in the morning and in the afternoon because we have small classes 1 TA goes to support Y1. At the moment in the morning - 1 adult in each class does a focussed activity with their own class (could be inside or outside)- another adult supports inside continuous provision and one supports outside or does planned observations depending on what's planned - just wondering if this sounded ok - the afternoon is similar with the children free to move between all areas and should we be tracking what the children are doing and if so how do you do that??

Sounds great!

Wish we were doing that!:o

I suppose your afternoons are the 50% child-initiated where you can be supporting and scaffolding play with conversations, questions etc. You can be taking photographs for assessment files, making notes etc.

:o help we are struggling! So I was interested to read your post we have 2 Reception classes and 4 adults 2 in each we can't seem to get our head around indoor and outdoor provision. We are an independent school and the children often go to other "lessons" French music games etc so we find we are often having to down tools. We tried letting children wander in and out as they pleased with a focus activity inside and out but it was a nightmare to grt through everyone! Any advice? would be gfreatly received! xD

Guest tinkerbell

I have 21 children 16 r and 5 yr1,I have a TA all day and have a 4 days a week (student.

I have put a laminated blank timetable by the door to the outside and we write on what is going on outside and initial it .The idea is then to photocopy it atthe endof the week and keep it as a record of what went on...it also shows who is going out (adult) and what is going on ...we have a weekly meeting (during assembly) where we discuss things.

I have 4 groups of children and they work in their groups during the morning and this helps with rotating the children through activities and the outside (too small an area for all class)

Tinkerbellx

We're still getting our head s round having access to outdoor play all day!! we have no morning play so that makes it easier to get trhough everyone but part of that is because the classes are small. mind you it takes a good 10 minutes to put everything away - at least in all areas - and we're struggling with knowing how much we should put out or what we should do followiing the children's interests as they seem to change so much!! The children love the outdoor area and so it's important we always plan an adult their but if there's a focus activty should we plan another adult out to support continuous provision!! OOh i'm getting confused :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)