Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning Focused Activities

I am working specifically on the planning for a pre-school within a day nursery. When I started 4 months there was very little in place. At the moment the focus is entirely on free play. The children choose what they want to do, when they they want with little understanding of how to tidy up so staff generally do it! Anyway, I am going off in the wrong direction here! Basically, I feel that I need to implement some adult initiated focused activities. They do work around topics, for which I have done the planning etc.

I am wondering how other settings account for this? I am looking for a quick and easy way to do this as the staff are quite stuck in their ways! I am unsure of the formats to use.....how to record, how often, once an activity is planned what is the nxt step....and should this be every day or each week......am i even make sense!

I think any help would be great right now! :o

Jellytots

Thanks! How often do you use these? What do you do with them once the activity has taken place?

We plan one focused activity each session (3hrs). After evaluation they are given to me as manager. We mean to use them at staff meetings to plan next steps for the group, but this is still being worked out!

This is the focused adult activity plan we use in my pre-school. It may help you to see an example!

I have just downloaded your activity sheet and it looks great - I am going to see if I can get it introduced for our activity planning - thanks a lot Deb x

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)