Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Any Ideas For A Short Topic On Harry And The Dinosaurs Go To School?

Hi everyone, I'm currently in a Reception Unit with 80 children, and have been given the task to plan a short unit on Harry and the Dinosaurs go to school. Has anyone got any ideas about what to include?? My ideas are running dry, thanks!

Have you received your free book and teacher's pack from the book trust? I can't remember whether ours came automatically or whether it was something I sent for. I've left the pack at school and can't remember what was in it. If you haven't got it I'll look at school and post again.

Harricroft

They come automatically- well I've never ordered them! My pack arrived today- big book, teachers activity book, bookmarks, shiny stickers etc. Books for the children to arrive in the next few days!

I would love any ideas too. My chn are dinosaur made at the moment- I have made some dinosaur masks for them to use in the outside area today and we had a great time- even one of my polish children who doesn't say a word or communicate with the other children,was running round with them roaring at everyone!

• 3 weeks later...
They come automatically- well I've never ordered them! My pack arrived today- big book, teachers activity book, bookmarks, shiny stickers etc. Books for the children to arrive in the next few days!

I would love any ideas too. My chn are dinosaur made at the moment- I have made some dinosaur masks for them to use in the outside area today and we had a great time- even one of my polish children who doesn't say a word or communicate with the other children,was running round with them roaring at everyone!

Hi,

We ar eplanning to have a dinosaur day tomorrow in my Reception class partly to link with the book and also because I am following where the children's interests lie.(despite objections from other people) We are planning junk modelling to make a dinosaur. A footprint trail with numbers to lead to a dinsoaur cave outside, made form an airer etc. We also thought about hunting for dinosaurs in our tuff spot or a small sand tray. I can't find any good dinosaur mask templates so if anyone knows of any can you please reply. It will all be started with the story book read to the whole class and then we will see where we end up. Asked our music teacher if she can think of any dinosaur songs as the class have music time on a Friday pm but haven't come up with many yet. Any further ideas would be much appreciated.

Nicky Sussex xD:o

This one was a real favourite for a time in our group - the tune like five little ducks.

One dinosaur went out to play

On a bright and sunny day

He had such enormous fun

That he called for another dinosaur to come

DINOSAUR! (shouting)

Thump, Thump, Thump (slap thighs with hands as you do this)

Two dinosaurs went out to play etc.

Five dinosaurs went out to play

They had such enormous fun

That they called for another dinosaur to come

DINOSAUR!

But no dinosaurs came

Instead they heard their mum call

DINNER!

And they all rushed home for dinner.

(slap hands on thighs quickly like the sound of running feet)

This one was a real favourite for a time in our group - the tune like five little ducks.

One dinosaur went out to play

He had such enormous fun

That he called for another dinosaur to come

DINOSAUR! (shouting)

Thump, Thump, Thump (slap thighs with hands as you do this)

Two dinosaurs went out to play etc.

Five dinosaurs went out to play

They had such enormous fun

That they called for another dinosaur to come

DINOSAUR!

But no dinosaurs came

Instead they heard their mum call

DINNER!

And they all rushed home for dinner.

(slap hands on thighs quickly like the sound of running feet)

Thanks will definitely sing this tomorrow

Nicky Sussex xD:o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)