Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Funny /motivational Poems About Teaching

xD I was looking for some insirational words about teaching or a funny poem to take in for the first week back-does any body know any or have a link to a website with this kind of thing? I thought it would be good to put up on the staffroom wall or in the toilet!! I have a vauge memory of a joke about Jesus sitting around with his disciples but the words had been changed to include all the millions of things teachers have to do. I also had a mug once (which is now smashed :o )which listed all the jobs-EG SOCIAL WORKER, NURSE, ADMINISRATOR, POET, ACTOR.....ETC ETC and finished with BUT YOU CAN JUST CALL ME A TEACHER!!

It can be quite easy to fall into the trap of being negative about the job but its such a fantastic job really that we have to keep our spirits up and focus on the positives (especially as its September!) Enjoy the first week!

Thanks a lotXX

I've seen that site before, and it's a great one isn't it? Definately one to make you smile :) I think I shall print some of it off and take it into work, what with our INSET tomorrow being on preparing for OFSTED!

Thanks everybody for your replies. Thanks Denise for that website-I found the one about Jesus talking to his diciples on one of their links-v.funny!

Helps keep my spirits up! :D

Oh Carol, yes it's mushy (just what we've come to expect from American's) but 'The Teacher' was so sad and thought provoking. I'm sure we've all known a child like that, scruffy, a bit smelly, a bit 'odd'. It certainly makes you think. :o

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, cheesy stuff is good sometimes! that story about the boy whose mum had died was really sad but inspiring. I liked the bit about her quitting teaching reading and writing and starting teaching children.

thanks for that