Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

After School Club

Hi everyone, I work in a primary school and we have started to think about breakfast clubs and after school clubs.

I'm thinking about running the after school one, but can't think what to do.

It will be everyday for 2 hours.

Any ideas welcome please???

Thanks

Rachel

• 1 month later...

hi

i manage and work our breakfast and afterschool club which is linked to our primary school. relatively new to the job took over in jan 08, good to know there are others as sometimes feel a bit lost, there is very little support for clubs in my area will help if i can though what i lack in experience i make up with enthusiasm :)

• 1 month later...

As part of my role as a Children's centre teacher the head has asked me to look at the before and after school club at the centre. It is for children aged 3-4 years old and is based in the Nursery school part of the building. These children have been at the nursery full time and they can come in at 8am for an hour before nursery and then stay until 6pm after nursery.

We want ideas for how to make it different from the day that they have had already - bearing in mind they are in the same environment. We are well resourced and have lots of space but we want it to not be the same as they have had all day.

Any tips ideas suggestions gratefully received?!!

• 1 month later...
Hi all very new to the board, currently running 5 breakfast & after school clubs will help all i can if you post questions :oxD

Hi, i just left a company that I managed 9 afterschool and 8 hoilday clubs, to start my own clus, but we had not started working on how to make the planning include the eyfs, it would be so helpful to see other clubs planning sheets. linda

hi

i manage and work our breakfast and afterschool club which is linked to our primary school. relatively new to the job took over in jan 08, good to know there are others as sometimes feel a bit lost, there is very little support for clubs in my area will help if i can though what i lack in experience i make up with enthusiasm :)

Hi How are you managing with including the eyfs in your planning sheets, we dont have much help in our area either, so its a bit like the blind leading the blind, any examples sheets would be great and so very helpful.

i use to manage an after school club on a school site. if u want to pm me with specific questions feel free.

lucie xx :o

Hi, how are you managering to add the eyfs in your weekly planning we dont have much help or guidance and looking to see how other do there planning paperwork. any help would be great.

I manage (but don't work) an after school club so feel free to get in touch with me too... or add some questions if that suits better!!

hi, how are you managering to add the eyfs in your weekly planning we dont have much help or guidance and looking to see how others do there planning paperwork. any help would be great.

As part of my role as a Children's centre teacher the head has asked me to look at the before and after school club at the centre. It is for children aged 3-4 years old and is based in the Nursery school part of the building. These children have been at the nursery full time and they can come in at 8am for an hour before nursery and then stay until 6pm after nursery.

We want ideas for how to make it different from the day that they have had already - bearing in mind they are in the same environment. We are well resourced and have lots of space but we want it to not be the same as they have had all day.

Any tips ideas suggestions gratefully received?!!

Hi, afterschool rules are very different from school, we are the opposite, see the playwork principles, children are given the space to be themselves and make there own choice, going to help themselves to snack, they go to what activity that want to do, they have the freedom of many materials and allowed to experiment and the result is not right or wrong. (classroom activites exspect children to produce the same produce ).

we allow children to extend they knowledge though deep and risky play, with adults over seeing safety.

we have different people in to teach the children lots of additional activites, ( woodwork, sewing, gardening etc)

lots of different equipment to nursery helps make it interesting and different, small outings.

some children like to change their clothes so they dont feel it is school.

they choose how the play area will be laid out, snack area, roleplay, quiet area, music area,they choose the equipment out for that session they design their own notice broad,

our children design the monthly menu and given a budget.

we have small children committee groups, on what to spend our half termly budget on

lots of discussions on how and what they would like.

hope this help

if you would like help answering any sinle questions, please feel free to ask.