Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Wake Up Shake Up

I have moved from an open plan school to a closed classroom and it is great!! We can play musical instruments and march around the room, we can sing and dance and experience so much more.

I want to do Wake Up and Shake Up with my reception children in the morning, I have a copy of a DVD with the songs and actions but it is not a very good copy. Is there a website/place where I can buy such things for a session. I have got some sticky kids stuff which may be a possibility.

Hi there!

I do Brain Gym to any music thats in the charts of kids music (once they've got the moves they can be done to almost any tune (apart from Valerie - too fast!!!) I more or less make it up as i go along. I have a lot of tunes on my laptop (itunes) and use that through my Interactive white board and speakers so i don't need a CD. Let me know if you find anything. Good luck!

Moo

Hi we do wake up shake up everyday. Our year 6 girls have a club they. Meet once a week to make up new routines for our little ones to do. They then teach them to staff who then do them with the children. It works really well.

Hi

Our whole school does wake and shake every day. We do it in 2 groups F & KS1 together and all of KS2 together.

It works really well and the children pick up the routines quite quickly.

In the summer we did it as a whole school out on the playground.

Its a great start to the day.

hope you get it up and running.

Jo x

Hi

our school does shake and wake - they use songs such as the YMCA - songs with actions the children can learn as well as popular chart songs too. In Reception we use sticky kids and also shake and wake to the "Boogie Beebies" on Cbeebies using the interactive white board - if you go to the karoke section they have about 6 dances that are easy to pick up for little ones!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)