Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

How Many Adult Focus Activities?

Hi there! I have a daily phonics session. 3x weekly and numeracy whole class session, 1 x whole class circle time, 5 x whole class story, 3 x whole class PE, 1x whole class music. My questioin is how many small group adult led focus sessions should there be? I am new to reception and am getting in a bit of a tizz with my planning and organisation! :o

Our reception children have 1 per day that they are called to in ability groups (guided read/write, numeracy, phonics). Then also a cross curricular focus running every day but not necessarily all children would complete each day.

For me the answer to this partly depends on how many staff you have - if only two you would want one doing focus activity and one supporting child-initiated activities. so then if takes all day to work through all chidlren at a focus (which it often does for us) then you can only have one focus per day.

Just out of interest how do others organise whole class sessions - at mo we have daily phonics, literacy and numeracy but this doesn't leave much time for whole class cirlce time/music etc.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)