Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Ofsted Registers - Do I Need To Be On All 3?

Please help - I have just discovered this forum - it's great - will be on here for hours if I'm not careful! I have already found answers to so many questions and don't feel so panicked about eyfs now. I do have one question though about the new ofsted registers. Is everyone on all three? I'm a bit confused becuase it just seems that as an ordinary nursery caring for children up to the rising 5s I only need to be on the Early Years Register and not the compulsory and voluntary parts of the childcare register. I have asked Ofsted and they weren't really that helpful. I haven't replied to the form sent out about which register I need to be on yet because of this and need to now before i get my new registration form. Just wanted to know what others had done - r u all just on the Early Years Register?

I was told by my early years advisor that it gives us the scope for the odd child who stays for reception year with us which does happen from time to time

Yes I wondered that - i thought that perhaps there may be future changes in the age that children start school and that's why they've introduced this. I was worried about going on all three because of ofsted inspections - is there anything extra that i need to have in place being on the childcare register that i haven't already got in place being on the early years one? Does that make sense? By the way - thanks for replying so quickly xx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)