Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Guided Readine

Hi, first week in Reception and loved it! Wondering if anyone has a tried and tested resource for guided reading. We want to invest in a set rather than mix and match as we haven't the time, resources or to be honest the know how to gather existing material in the class. :o We are also planning to continue with one to one reading with parents doing this!

Thanks in advance

xD

Hi, I agree, wh o has the time to do that, and if there's money available....... spend it! I think that the reading books from the Ruth Miskin Read, Write Inc program are ideal for beginner readers - and they fit in with Letters and Sounds too. There are 2 types on offer, colour and black and white versions of the same stories - different costs too! Check out the web ite for more info - good luck with your search! Jenni

I got some sets of Oxford Reading Tree's Songbirds phonics. Again they link in with letters and sounds. We got them on special offer from the book people.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)