Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Harvest Songs

When i was at school i'm sure we sang a harvest song which started Blackberries in the hedges. I would like to sing it at school but cant find it anywhere - does anyone have any ideas, or even recognise it - i may have dreamt it!!!

sorry to be intrusive sunbeam I dont know the song you are asking about but thought I would pass mine on if you were interested. We sang this at our harvest festival last year and the children loved it, they interacted as we had the fruit and veg in a basket. I used knitted and plastic fruit and veg in the amount of children we had in. The tune is 10 in the bed.

there were 10 fruit and veg

in baskets on the ledge

At harvest, at harvest

but one basket wobbled and a ??????fell out

there were 9 fruit and veg etc.

another one we sang was to the tune of sing a song of sixpence.

sing a song of autumn

it's harvest time today

lots and lots of growing corn

and 5 big bales of hay

when the bale was opened

the hay flew everywhere

now look at the scattered hay

floating in the air

we took the children on a walk to look at the bales of hay and talked about them, I also had a photograpgh of a combined harverster and asked a farer to come in and talk to the chidren about harvesting.

I hope this help

killowengirl

NOT SURE OF ALL THE WORDS BUT CAN FIND OUT. WE SING A SONG

SEE HERE ARE RED APPLES FOR YOU AND FOR ME, WE EAT THEM TO HELP US GROW STRONG.......

CAN FIND THE REST ON MONDAY

SEE HERE ARE RED APPLES FOR YOU AND FOR ME, WE EAT THEM TO HELP US GROW STRONG.......

So now we are glad to say Thank you to God

and sing you our harvest song.

See yellow banana's..

See here are green pears...

See oranges golden..

See grapes green and purple

See loaves brown and crusty...

We adapted the original song to fit with our colour topic ( many years ago).the children in pairs bought to the harvest table the fruit and it created a lovely display at the end and because of the repetative nature was easily learnt by the new entrants.

I'm one of those sad people who keep things.I have scripts for harvest and Christmas performances for every year since 1988 :o in case I need them again!

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
So now we are glad to say Thank you to God

and sing you our harvest song.

See yellow banana's..

See here are green pears...

See oranges golden..

See grapes green and purple

See loaves brown and crusty...

Is there an easy tune to this? Or is there a book or CD with it on - I love the idea of gradually building up a centrepiece while singing the song!

• 5 months later...
Is there an easy tune to this? Or is there a book or CD with it on - I love the idea of gradually building up a centrepiece while singing the song!

might be useful for next academic year a book and cd combo only a tenner

The Garden at www.musicsales.com

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)