Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Christmas

Believe it or not we have broached the subject of our nativity play!! we have a lot of new staff in the EYfS and thought it might be a good idea to peruse some different ways of doing this. We are keen to do a nativity of sorts. We have two reception classes and one nursery class involved so we need something simple. Also considering using a stage though a bit wary!!

Thanks in advance :o

Believe it or not we have broached the subject of our nativity play!! we have a lot of new staff in the EYfS and thought it might be a good idea to peruse some different ways of doing this. We are keen to do a nativity of sorts. We have two reception classes and one nursery class involved so we need something simple. Also considering using a stage though a bit wary!!

Thanks in advance :o

Hi

We also have 2 reception classes plus nursery sessions. 2 years ago we used "it's a baby" from "Out of the Ark" music. we loved this. children loved the songs. they are easy to learn. we did not start rehearsing until december. most of nursery children were sheep, shepherds or angels but they did very well and mostly followed the reception children

Most of the "Out of the Ark" music comes complete with cd and book of words, script etc. they are really simple. I think if you go to their website you can review their various nativities and listen to some of the songs.

Last year we used a different company, www.learn2soar.co.uk and performed "Happy Birthday, Jesus". This was also very easy to learn and perform the songs and we were able to involve lots of children as "party guests"! Unfortunately my morning nursery children last year were a little challenging to say the least and we decided to withdraw them from the nativity and do an "alternative" concert for their parents. The children sang and danced to all their favourite action songs, tumble tots and sticky kids songs on cd. The children had no sitting and waiting, and showed the parents their favourite songs. Everyone seemed pleased and no-one seemed to mind that it was not traditional christmas stuff. I would certainly consider doing this again if i had a group who found it difficult to sit quietly whilst others performed.

Hope this is helpful,

Lorraine

Hi

We also have 2 reception classes plus nursery sessions. 2 years ago we used "it's a baby" from "Out of the Ark" music. we loved this. children loved the songs. they are easy to learn. we did not start rehearsing until december. most of nursery children were sheep, shepherds or angels but they did very well and mostly followed the reception children

Most of the "Out of the Ark" music comes complete with cd and book of words, script etc. they are really simple. I think if you go to their website you can review their various nativities and listen to some of the songs.

Last year we used a different company, www.learn2soar.co.uk and performed "Happy Birthday, Jesus". This was also very easy to learn and perform the songs and we were able to involve lots of children as "party guests"! Unfortunately my morning nursery children last year were a little challenging to say the least and we decided to withdraw them from the nativity and do an "alternative" concert for their parents. The children sang and danced to all their favourite action songs, tumble tots and sticky kids songs on cd. The children had no sitting and waiting, and showed the parents their favourite songs. Everyone seemed pleased and no-one seemed to mind that it was not traditional christmas stuff. I would certainly consider doing this again if i had a group who found it difficult to sit quietly whilst others performed.

Hope this is helpful,

Lorraine

Hi

Hope this is helpful,

Lorraine

This sounds great, i will look at both of them particularly the first as it is a tradition in school to do the"nativity". thanks for such a detailed reply!!

CHECK OUT THE OUT OF THE ARK RANGE OF NATIVITIES THEY ARE GREAT. WE DID WHOOPS A DAISY ANGEL IT WAS FAB! EASY SONGS AND EASY TO ADAPT. NOW I DON'T FEEL SO BAD BRINGING IT UP ON MONDAY WITH STAFF

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)