Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mobilo

Hi all

Went to visit the Early Years Excellence centre in Huddusfield and would recommend it to anyone nearby! We have been looking to reorganise our construction area an are going to put mobilo out for continuous provision but sorted into it's component parts. Here i am struggling with the names of the parts, I have axles,hinges, fixers but don't know what to call the main body parts. Any ideas greatfully received! :o

Our children LOVE Mobilo!! It's beena perrenial favourite for donkey's years and it always amazes me how children seem to see it as a new toy every day.........and the things they make with it are astonishing.We have a building site opposite us at the moment, so we get lots of diggers, bulldozers etc, but one little boy made a hoover with it ' 'cos they'll need to tidy up their mess when they finish'! Bless him..

Ohhh - I love the Early Excellence centre. In terms of labelling - I'd actually be tempted to ring them and ask what they'd call them. They're fantastic, and if they can't think of a term I'm sure they'd make enquiries or seek advice.

If you find out - let us know.

Harricroft xxx

Are the parts named in the catalog or example cards??

Ours is that old and well used the parts don't always clip together as the hinges are sprainned from over use

from website

mobilo consists of basic building elements such as circles, rectangles, squares, ladders, triangles, quarter-circles, angles, axles and wheels. Flexible connectors allow the user to join the different elements together and to expand the system to a complex constructional kit.

descriptions from order form

axles, wheels, outer connectors, turn-elements, Inner Connectors, coverplates, cliplinks, geometric pieces,

from website

mobilo consists of basic building elements such as circles, rectangles, squares, ladders, triangles, quarter-circles, angles, axles and wheels. Flexible connectors allow the user to join the different elements together and to expand the system to a complex constructional kit.

descriptions from order form

axles, wheels, outer connectors, turn-elements, Inner Connectors, coverplates, cliplinks, geometric pieces,

Cheers everybody. It's the geometric shapes i'm unsure of, whether to call them cuboids etc. Will ring early excellence tomorrow and check!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)