Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Med Term Planning Help!

Hi are you still doing med term plans? i didnt plan to as was just going to do long term then short term based on childrens interests but my head wants a 6-7 weekly plan around the old termly topics we used last year.

my med term planning last year mainly contained fsp points id be covering and activities but i know have to include every stepping stone 2. i dont know how i can go about setting this out as have new children, children who have already been with me 2-3 terms and then chn who will go up to reception in jan and r all at different stages help!

I think your head has a very outdated view of planning for the Foundation Stage! All the advice I have received has been to ditch medium term plans, and keep to long and short. As for including all the development matters statements (some of which are the old stepping stones) is completely missing the point of the curriculum, ie individualised learning, not a blanket curriculum for all of your children. I'm so sorry you're having to work against this xD Could you maybe limit it to highlighting the aspects of each area of learning, as a focus? eg for a topic on growing, you could focus on the time aspect of KUW, looking at changes over time, etc. You could then differentiate according to the ages and stages of your children, using your observations and assessments as a starting point?

I'm sure others will be along to give their advice too :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)