Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Numeracy Planning

I am considering using the cumbria numeracy plans this year and just wondered if anyone else uses them and how to implement them i.e. do you teach all Block A in first half of Autumn term, then block B next, etc or are you supposed to have a mixture each half term............As you can see I'm a bit confused!! There are 36 weeks altogether which are accounted for in the planning sheets so just want to know what to do and when. Thanks in anticipation, Kermit xx

I am using the cumbria plans and have put down to use the blocks in order.

However on the Numeracy strategy I believe the only requirement is that block E is the last one the others can be tuaght in any order... correct me someone if I am wrong :)

The plans I downloaded say how many weeks they are ment to cover, I used the mixed year R/1 plans last year as I had a mixed class.

So for this half term I am doing block A for 2 weeks, Block B for 3 weeks and Block c for 2 weeks.

Hope that helps

Guest tinkerbell

I agree with Lorna

I teach R/yr1 and am using the mixed r/yr1 plan, it tells you which blocks and how many weeks etc

Tinkerbellx

i found when using these last year that i had to add some weeks to get through work and some took less weeks

guss depennds on cohort but whats taught in block a is revsited in other blocks

i also found it best to stick to order in block a u have two units s i followed block a unit 1 then block a unit 2 thrn moved onto block b

i found if i skipped a block some skills had already been introduced in earlier blocks

I really do find these plans clear and easy to use ty cumbria

• 1 month later...

Are people using the plans in order:

Block A unit 1, then Block A unit 2, Block A unit 3

OR

Block A unit 1, then Block B unit 1, Block C unit 1 etc

Thanks

We've taught A1 followed by B1.

I'd agree with that, it's a long enough break before revisiting at a higher level to make sure they have a better chance of retaining the skills and knowledge taught. In theory!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)