Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Any Mixed Yr & Y1 Planning Ideas!?

Hello again,

sorry i am so confused with planning this year - last year i had a pure yr class and loved the planning, but i am finding it very hard to gel the new primary strategy frameworks with the new EYFS. Is anyone having the same difficulties or thought of any solutions? Advice is desparately needed, as my stress levels are rising rapidly! Thank you :o

Hi again! (just replied on your LTP thread!!)

What I have done in the past is to plan for YR, and adapt for Y1/those YRs who need 'extra'. So I do YR objectives, then match objectives from national curriculum (or Maths/lit frameworks) for the Y1 activities. Lit is easier (I find) cos looking at Y1 page of framework (as opposed to one strand with all year groups on), I find whatever fits, but maths is more building on previous terms stuff - does that make sense?! Anyway, I don't do the units as such for maths, but cover their topics if you like like YR - so it relates to our other work, rather than maths being totally separate.

sorry if that has confused you even more - I think I may have confused myself! I am lucky that my head is happy for me to do what I think is best (chnages regularly!!!), rather than saying you MUST .... so I hope it's the same for you - trying to jump through different hoops is not fun!

Hi again! (just replied on your LTP thread!!)

What I have done in the past is to plan for YR, and adapt for Y1/those YRs who need 'extra'. So I do YR objectives, then match objectives from national curriculum (or Maths/lit frameworks) for the Y1 activities. Lit is easier (I find) cos looking at Y1 page of framework (as opposed to one strand with all year groups on), I find whatever fits, but maths is more building on previous terms stuff - does that make sense?! Anyway, I don't do the units as such for maths, but cover their topics if you like like YR - so it relates to our other work, rather than maths being totally separate.

sorry if that has confused you even more - I think I may have confused myself! I am lucky that my head is happy for me to do what I think is best (chnages regularly!!!), rather than saying you MUST .... so I hope it's the same for you - trying to jump through different hoops is not fun!

Thank you! That is a great help, I suppose it is just having the courage to go with what is right for the children - but i'm still quite new to this! Thanks again. Enjoy the new term x

Hello again,

sorry i am so confused with planning this year - last year i had a pure yr class and loved the planning, but i am finding it very hard to gel the new primary strategy frameworks with the new EYFS. Is anyone having the same difficulties or thought of any solutions? Advice is desparately needed, as my stress levels are rising rapidly! Thank you :o

Think I am starting to get my head around things - please can people have a look at my planning formats and see what they think? My medium term plan has a pacer, but it is flexible and will change according to the children. Any advice will be greatly apprecitated. Thank you x xD

Medium_Term_Planning_Grid_sept_08.doc

weekly_topic_plan_template.doc

LIT_AND_NUM_WEEKLY_PLAN_TEMPLATE.doc

hi if you go to the lancs ngfl site and look under curriculum early years and then i think its free resources then continuous provision or planning you will find planning for mixed year 1 and reception . This is excellent planning, hats off to lancs for mixed year 1 or even for year 1 teachers to ensure classroom is play based especially this first term

http://www.lancsngfl.ac.uk/curriculum/earl...ge+Planning.pdf

hi if you go to the lancs ngfl site and look under curriculum early years and then i think its free resources then continuous provision or planning you will find planning for mixed year 1 and reception . This is excellent planning, hats off to lancs for mixed year 1 or even for year 1 teachers to ensure classroom is play based especially this first term

http://www.lancsngfl.ac.uk/curriculum/earl...ge+Planning.pdf

Thanks for that link - it looks really useful and will def give me some ideas x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)