Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Long Term Planning For A Mixed Yr And Y1 Class

Hello everybody,

I am in a panic at the thought of going back next week! I will have a mixed R and Y1 class and I am unsure how to do my long term planning and how it links with continuous provision! I have a long term plan for YR. Do other people just add in Y1 criteria?! Any ideas or examples would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :o

I have just added Y1 objectives in the same way as the Development Matters stuff for YR - activities are delivered to suit the needs of the chn, regardless of year group, so sometimes some YR will work at Y1 level for some stuff (more so towards end of year) and I usually have some Y1s working with/below some YR, so on LTP, it's just objectives I change. I am basically adapting continuous provision sheets from durham site for YR, and including Y1 objectives.

I have just added Y1 objectives in the same way as the Development Matters stuff for YR - activities are delivered to suit the needs of the chn, regardless of year group, so sometimes some YR will work at Y1 level for some stuff (more so towards end of year) and I usually have some Y1s working with/below some YR, so on LTP, it's just objectives I change. I am basically adapting continuous provision sheets from durham site for YR, and including Y1 objectives.

Thats a great idea. Thank you x :o

Me again! Sorry! Hope this isn't too cheeky, but would you mind sharing an example of how you have adapted the continuous provision sheet from Durham to include Y1 objectives? Thank you :o

Guest tinkerbell

purplemagic your yr1 plan looks great. Have you done all the other areas ? it must have taken ages.

thanks Tinkerbellx

Hi Tinkerbell,

Have done some of the other areas. Has taken a fair while, but less than it could have done because a couple of years ago I had a different style of continuous provision sheets for YR (just lists of objectives for each area of learning on each sheet, for each provision area) and had made Y1 ones like these, so pretty much just had to copy and paste, adjust fonts, etc, etc...!!

I had also matched up (or tried to) YR development matters with NC objectives for Y1s, which kind of helped, but did take a while as most areas are a bit different to each other.

Sorry for the rambling - first day with children has been a shock to the system - new children are so tiring and I forget that every year!!

Hi,

No problem, and hope this works!

I should point out that when I say I've adapted it, the Year 1 bit is on an extra sheet, so it would go with the durham-type YR planning.

Anyway... Year_1_Construction.doc

purplemagic x

Thanks purplemagic that is great. It is just useful to see how other people have done things. Hope that school goes well - Im not back til friday - teacher training day so still working on planning and things x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)