Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fundraising By Commission

Hi. I have done a search on this site and the internet but my head can't really think how to word it so I thought I would ask all of you if you could help?

I am trying to find a scheme I have read about where you ask your families to do their online shopping with major retailers by clicking through to a portal. By doing this they get their online purchases at the same cost and conditions as they would by going directly to the retailer's site but the pre-school can earn commission on each sale. It is quite like the Yellow Moon idea but the portal can let the parents access a variety of retailers.

Our pre-school is trying to increase the use of our website and we were hoping to put a link on the site into this so we could also raise money for our funds at the same time. The area we are in has a high number of families who shop online so it wouldn't be asking them to do anything new or scary. We also thought if we could set it up soon we could cash in on the lucrative Christmas market.

If anyone has any knowledge of a scheme like this either as organiser or user I would be very grateful. And now I will try to get to back to the more important preparation work for going back in September!

Thanks.

We recently had a leaflet from our schol asking us to change energy supplier (gas/electic) by doing so the school would get a % of our bills ( a type of commision I suppose).

Sorry but I binned the leaflet so haven't any more details, I could ask at the school when they go back if it would be useful to you.

I must admit I can see that schools need to raise funds but I somehow don't feel comfortable with schools being used by 'commercial' enterprises, such as these in order to gain funds. I'm ok with book clubs etc that the children can benefit more directly from but gas/electricity etc I feel is a personal choice of parents and I get enough junk mail through the door without it coming to me via my children (via their book bags) if you know what I mean.

Peggy

I appreciate your comments Peggy. We know for a fact that a lot of our parents do shop online from a variety of retailers and the scheme I want to use will simply use this. They just have to shop through the portal instead of going directly to the retailers website. I am with you on your comments about specific items putting almost a guilt trip on parents for not switching/using them/etc - I get plenty of earache from my children if I don't do what their headteacher told them to tell their parents to do!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)