Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted Report

This email came today. Thought I'd pass it on.

Al

I am pleased to send you the link to our new report, Early years: Leading to excellence. I hope you will find this helpful.

Leading to excellence is in two parts. Part one reviews childcare and early years provision at the end of our three-year cycle of inspections. It shows that overall providers are doing well and are getting better. However, it also shows that there is still much provision that is not good enough and there is too much variation in quality across the sector. Weaknesses include occasions where procedures for checking adults’ suitability are inadequate.

Part two describes good practice in how providers organise, lead and manage their settings to promote positive experiences and outcomes for children. It shows that the best settings place children at the centre of their work, and have adults with a robust approach to keeping children safe.

The report is the final of a series of three on how providers are promoting the Every Child Matters outcomes for children.

The full version of the report is available from the website at: www.ofsted.gov.uk/leadingtoexcellence. I hope that providers will use the report, and the additional materials provided online, to further develop and improve the quality of their work with children.

Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! There's a questionnaire too - Ofsted say "tell us what you think". I'm off to have a good read! :o

However, its only a questionnaire about how the report (and the 20 questions for providers) have led you to make improvements in your practice! xD

Edited by HappyMaz