Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pgce

Hi everyone,

im starting a pgce in primary 3-7 in september,

im just wondering how to get the most out of teacher observations (i.e. when im observing others). Ive got a short placement which i had to organise myself before the actual course begins a litle later in sep and i wanted to be sure that i make the most of it. :o

Its in a fsu so i know that i want to look for the way they are using eyfs but im worried that i wont get the most out of it.

sorry to ramble.

hope someone can help, thanks so much! xD

thank you xx

Hi everyone,

im starting a pgce in primary 3-7 in september,

im just wondering how to get the most out of teacher observations (i.e. when im observing others). Ive got a short placement which i had to organise myself before the actual course begins a litle later in sep and i wanted to be sure that i make the most of it. :o

Its in a fsu so i know that i want to look for the way they are using eyfs but im worried that i wont get the most out of it.

sorry to ramble.

hope someone can help, thanks so much! xD

thank you xx

Welcome to the most useful forum ever - do spread the word amongst your peers. The staff will also be getting to grips with EYFS so this is an ideal time to discuss things with them. You might want to start off by making notes about the daily routines, what actually happens from the minute the children come into the room - how do they access areas/activities, what are adult roles through the day? How are out door sessions arranged? what happens at snack time, is it free flow or more formal because of room constraints? By making your own observations you will create more questions and topics for discussion. Good luck it will be a busy settling in time, so don't forget to ask for specific tasks you can do to help the staff! Jenni 0 )

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)