Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning Using The New Eyfs

Hi

I am starting a new post in Sept as a FS1 and 2 teacher. I have not received any training about the EYFS. I have spent time looking thorugh it, looking at the CD and watching videos on Teachers TV. The main query I have is how will it affect your planning? I am used to planning a half termly topic.

I understand that I will have to plan in shorter 2-3 week mini topics that will be lead by the children's interests.

Just wanted to hear some ideas,

many thanks

Guest Wolfie

Hi Tracy and a warm welcome to the forum! :o As you have rightly said, the EYFS emphasises the importance of planning to meet and follow individual children's needs and interests rather than following pre-planned "topics" decided by the practitioners. That's not to say that you might decide to plan the provision of a group of activities and resources around a theme, following your observation of the children's current interests.

There has been PLENTY of discussion around all of this on the forum - if you use the "Search" facility you should find some useful views and ideas. Also, in the Members' Articles section, there is a very good article by Sue R all about Motivational Planning which might give you some ideas.

Plenty of people on here are facing the same sorts of changes to their planning as you - you're not alone! Have a browse on the site and see what you think..then come back with more questions and we'll try and help you some more. I'd also see if you can access some local training when you go back in September - it'll undoubtedly be useful and you'll also be able to network with other people in your area and share ideas and solutions. xD

Edited by Wolfie

Also, in the Members' Articles section, there is a very god aritcle by Sue R all about Motivational Planning which might give you some ideas.

I couldn't find the article, wolfie - I put motivational planning in as title and nothing came up and I couldn't see how to search by author. Would anyone be able to put a link or give me instructions on how to find it? (Not very clever tonight, sorry!)

Hi Tracy from me too!

Welcome to the forum Tracy.

Emma the link to Sue's article HERE

yOU CAN ALSO FIND MANY ARTICLES FROM THE INDEX LINK TO LEFT OF SCREEN. :o

pEGGY

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)