Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

E123 Advice On Taking Course

niallybob

Hi everyone

Left school in the days when staying on to get qualifications was offered to the ones most likely to achieve, so I left at 15 without any. Four years ago I was lucky to get a job as an e.t.a. and decided to have ago at attempting the nvq 3 early years course. I completed the course but have to admit I found it difficult and often gave far more then I needed to but didn’t know how to give just the information needed, and I’m also an older mum of three boys and work 25 hours a week. I would really like to do an Open University e123 early years course but I am wary of taking on something that is going to be very difficult to fit into work and a demanding family life. Can anyone offer any advice please or share their experiences.

thanks

I have taken several courses with the Open University E123 being one of them. Have you looked on the OU's website? They have the course details and a sample calendar of assignment dates and a sample assigment. You have to do three tutor marked assingments and a project. I didnt find it too difficult but I had too keep on top of fitting my studying in aand doing the assingments -I often leave things until the last moment. I.ve just been looking there now as I had to give up one of my courses and am now thinking of returning to it.

smiles

I am now on my last course for my BA with the OU and started with E123 and E124 I found doing both courses together manageable so would advise along with the others to go for it I have always found the support from tutors and other students with the OU excellent

just adding my 'go for it' thoughts :o

I am probably classed as an OU addict!

I started out doing E123 and went on to complete the Foundation Degree in Early Years

The OU then added a new BA degree (with or without honours) I am currently doing KE312 and if I pass the exam in October I will have a BA. One more course next year and then I get the HOns bit - fingers crossed.

When I started E123 I hadn't written an essay for donkeys years and was a little apprehensive to say the least but I have done OK and if i can do it then anyone can!!

Good luck xD