Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fees

narnia

ok, thorny old issue of fees, collection of!! Do any of you insist on a payment in lieu if a parent removes their child from your setting without notice??We ask parents to sign a separate form saying they realise one month's notice, or fees in lieu must be given before they take their child off register.I have a parent who, to put it politely, is telling me there is no way he is going to pay..............also owes a relatively small amount of fees on top of this........what would you do?? :o

Edited by narnia

1/ Has the form been signed?

2/ Was the content of the form explained fully before being signed? ie: fees are for a booked place compared to attended sessions.

3/ Issue an Invoice stating payment due by, stating the next procedure if due by date is not met. ie: use of small claims court.

4/ depending on amount of debt you would then have to consider if it's worth going down the small claims court route, only in that it takes time for admin plus it still doesn't guarentee payment, all it does is legally determine that the debt is due. If payment isn't made after court proceedings it is still up to you to pay for debt collection, which will however incur more cost to the parent.

Good luck, it is annoying when parents don't pay their dues.

Peggy

I would like to say I would get the fees back but in reality if it was a small amount I would leave it.

I would however make sure he knew how I felt about it in a letter. I would explain that his actions could put a small business that provides a very important service in jepardy. Dont they make you mad.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)