Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sen Register Counting In A Rhythm

hi

i am posting here on behalf of a friend. Her son is at nursery and has recently been put on the SEN register because he cannot count in a rhythm. Does anyone knows what this means and is it something you would put a child on the SEN register for. Apparently he can count be rote to beyond 10 but cannot count in a rhythm - if anyone can tell us what this means she would be very grateful.

Mant thanks

I agree with Andreamays response, I'd suggest your friend has a chat with the SENCO and ask him/her to

1/ explain what it means to be on the SEN register, how are his individual plans changed (if at all) and

2/ To see observations that led to this conclusion, ask about what their expectations are in terms of his counting ability and to explain what they mean.

3/ maybe ask how he uses rhythm in other aspects of the curriculum such as music.

I would say that confidence in using rhythm comes at a later stage.

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)