Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help - Interview

starsky

Hi guys

I was wondering if anyone could help me.

I have an interview on Friday for a deputy manager job in a new childrens centre. I am very nervous and was wondering if anyone had any ideas of questions and things that i may be asked. I have only had two interviews before and this is really worrying me.

Thanks so much

Claire

Guest Wolfie

Hi Claire

If the post is in a Children's Centre, I would make sure that you know a little bit about the services a Children's Centre provides as a whole, i.e. services in addition to the full daycare facility that you are applying to work in. You might not get asked about it but they might want to find out if you know about the "bigger picture" that you will be part of. This Surestart document should give you a bit of background - don't feel you have to read it word for word, just get a feel for the range of services:

http://www.surestart.gov.uk/publications/i...m?document=1500

We interviewed for a Deputy Manager recently and these were the questions...

Just thought - do you mean Deputy Manager of Centre, or the nursery in the Centre - I might have to come back to you if you mean the former!!

Deputy_Nursery_Manager_Questions.doc

Hiya Wolfie

Just wanted to say a huge thankyou for the questions they are really helpfull. I would assume that the questions are pretty similar where ever you go.

Thanks again - fingers crossed

Sorry - are you the manager of the nursery? Did you fill the position?

Claire

Guest Wolfie

No, I'm not the manager, I'm the Children's Centre Teacher, but I was on the interviewing panel -and actually, no, we didn't fill the position....twice! :o