Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reception Year One And Two Combined

hello, i work in a school with a mixed reception year one class and a year one/2 class. this year we are going to trial teaching each year group seperately for lit and num, as we are lucky enough to have a trained teacher working as a TA in the mornings. for the afternoons we will be trying out working altogether on the same topics and therefore giving year 1 and 2 access to the continuus provision available and the outdoor area. does anybody else have all 3 year groups together? or have any advice forworking in this way? hope you can help xx

Hi chocolatedaisychain

I will have YR, 1 and 2 together (10 of each) and some good support, so am toying with a similar idea - but I am a newbie at this, so can't offer much advice yet. I have finally managed to get my head around what I think the mornings will look like, though.

We are cross-phasing phonics groups across my class and the Y3/4 class - the Y3/4 teacher will do a phase 6 session, our HLTA will lead a more advanced spelling group for the Y4s and upper Y3s, I will run phase 5, another TA has a smaller phase 4 group, another will run phase 2 onwards for those who are ready, and I have an SSA who will work with those children not yet ready for phase 2 on phase 1 activities. I'm hoping to access numeracy through focus sessions - I'll have plenty of support for that session due to SEN numbers in my class. I've uploaded my timetable as it stands so far - but this isn't tried and tested yet, and the afternoons are still a work in progress - I'm just plotting in the non-negotiables for now. I'm also a bit of an initials freak, so please feel free to ask if you're not sure what anything means! TL, SD, SM, JR, KK, KC and SL are staff members/volunteers. ph51,ph52 and ph53 are phase 5 groups 1, 2 and 3 for guided reading purposes , ph6 = phase 6 etc. (GR!) and GW is guided writing. PDR is plan do review (high-scope) - which is how we access continous provision. Of course, by the end of my first week I'll no doubt have to change it! :o

Tracylu

class_one_autumn_term_first_half.doc

Wow tracylu! Your timetable looks very complicated! I don't think I'd do very well in your situation. Thank goodness I only have reception children and 21 at that! Hope it all works out well and you don't need to change it too much.xx

Wow tracylu! Your timetable looks very complicated! I don't think I'd do very well in your situation. Thank goodness I only have reception children and 21 at that! Hope it all works out well and you don't need to change it too much.xx

Thanks bethie - the beauty of small schools planning eh? It's not so much the children - it's the comings and goings of all the different support staff that causes the problems - they're all so good, too, and keen to be kept as busy as possible, so we like to make the most of them and have them working with groups as much as possible.

The latest is that we had a huge flood in the classroom on Wednesday night, and it smells awful. Can't timetable for mopping up water out of the carpet, can you? The room should be lovely, but the building work isn't brilliant - I just hope it gets sorted for September. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)