Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning For Babies

hello everybody!

I would much apreciate if you can help me with some advice and ideas. I am working in the baby room... from september I have to do planning for my key children. Until now was the room leader who did all the planning. I'm a little bit scared as our nursery did not have an Ofsted inspection so I NEED TO BE PREPARED FOR WORST. Thank you!

Livia

Have a good look at the EYFS requirements for your aged children, the pack has lots of info for planning plus also have a heart the principles of the EYFS. Ofsted are a bit scary, but they are human too, and not as bad as I think you fear. :o

At the end of the day your job is for the children, not for just a one day visit, so if you plan with the children in mind and not the inspection you'll be on the right tracks.

Have a chat with your room leader, ask questions about what your not sure of re: planning, but give it a go and you may surprise yourself at how easy it can be when you know your children well. xD

Peggy

Guest jane707

Have you seen this download from dfes?

http://www.standards.dfes.gov.uk/eyfs/reso...ngfrombirth.pdf

It makes it clear that you do not formally plan for babies ... it's all about play and following their interests ...

It's vital that everyone working with babies has a clear understanding of the principles of the eyfs so babies interests are catered for while considering they are unique in an enabling environment etc.

Hope this helps :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)